The Working Group Artist Management and Doghouse Records are two independent companies with the same dedicated, hard working staff of eight full-time employees. We offer internships for school credit year-round—a great opportunity for any student who is passionate about a career in the music industry. Interns will experience a laid-back and creative atmosphere, which will offer a look into how an independent label, and a music management company work. If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to patrick [at] workinggroupmgmt.com. Below is the basic description of the internship.
Since 1988, Doghouse Records (now based in New York City) has released many influential indie rock, punk, and hardcore records including: The Get Up Kids, Hot Water Music, Endpoint, Chamberlain, Threadbare, and countless others. More recently, Doghouse has had great success with artists such as, Say Anything, Meg & Dia, and the platinum-selling The All-American Rejects. Doghouse Records is currently developing the band You, Me, and Everyone We Know, (whose debut full-length charted on Billboard Magazine’s Heat Seeker chart), Grown Ups, Ace Enders, and A Lot Like Birds. We are extremely excited to see what lies ahead in the coming years, and look forward to putting out more amazing albums.
The Working Group Artist Management was established in 2009. With only a couple years under our belt, we have had huge successes with artists such as, Never Shout Never, The Ready Set, Hellogoodbye, and Plug In Stereo. We’ve built their fan bases with grass roots tactics, DIY in-house promotions, pre-orders, etc. With over 20 years in the business, our team has strong relationships with the retail, marketing, publicity, video, touring, and radio. We pride ourselves on helping our artists achieve their goals, and maintain their presence in the music world.
- Grow and maintain artists’ social network audiences.
- Daily office tasks (faxing, filing, mailings).
- Maintain artist / band “voice” in all outgoing communications.
- Manage ongoing quality assurance of artists’ online presence.
- Minor errands and party organization.
- Experience with online and social media.
- Knowledge / familiarity with pop, rock and alternative genres and lifestyles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, particularly MS Excel and Word.
- Superb writing, editing, and communication skills.
- High level of organizational skills.
- Ability to think, act quickly, and thrive in a collaborative, deadline-driven environment.
- Internship is a non-paid and / or college credit opportunity.